How do I reset the thermal safety / high limit switch on my Tempra or Tempra Plus tankless?
Resetting the thermal safety / high limit switch on your Tempra or Tempra plus tankless water heater is quite simple. The following steps will guide you through the process.
- Turn off and lock out all circuit breakers to the tankless water heater to make sure no one can accidentally activate the unit while it is being serviced.
- Remove the screw on the right hand side of the tankless water heater and swing front panel towards you and to the left to open the unit.
- The thermal safety resets are located at the top of each copper heating vessel.
- Using either an insulated tool or the erasure end of a pencil, depress the button.
- If you hear a click then the thermal safety switch has been reset.
- Close the front cover and reinstall the screw on the right hand side.
- Unlock and turn on all circuit breakers connected to the Tempra tankless water heater