The following factors all play a role in choosing what type of tankless water heater is best for your needs:
In most situations, an electric tankless water heater is a better choice than a gas unit due to their smaller size, lower cost, longer life, limited maintenance requirements, cheaper and easier installation, and much higher thermal efficiency (which off-sets the typically higher cost of electricity vs. natural gas).
- The availability of a convenient source of natural gas or propane and/or an adequate electrical supply
- The relative cost of installation
- The difference in cost between an appropriately-sized electric and gas tankless water heater
- Water usage habits and needs
- Homeowner/ user preference
- The differential between electric costs and gas costs in your area, and your personal outlook for changes in such costs in the future.
- Desired installation location
We have compiled a detailed page of information to help you decide which is best for your needs. Please CLICK HERE to access our electric vs. gas tankless comparison page.